Western US Trailer Trip, 2016
- May 21st, 2016: Whoa, that’s a lot a stuffThis is the excerpt for your very first post.
- May 22nd, 2016: Here’s to good coffee in the middle of nowhereIt was surprisingly chilly when we got up in the morning. We set up the generator and made our first batch of coffee. Yum. Susanne said “Here’s to good coffee in the middle of nowhere.” Cheers to that! We lounged around enjoying our coffee and trying to get the dogs to eat. They are definitelyContinue reading “May 22nd, 2016: Here’s to good coffee in the middle of nowhere”
- May 23rd: Free Shower…….but no hot waterI had a great night sleep last night. I would have to say our trailer, who does not have a name yet, is very comfy. This site is very quiet. Not just because we don’t have anyone within 20 miles of us, but also because it seems to be in a location that has veryContinue reading “May 23rd: Free Shower…….but no hot water”
- May 24: Is this Nevada? BrrrrrrrSusanne had researched that if we got to our campsite in Angel Creek campground before checkout we wouldn’t lose our reservation and pay a penalty. Ok, recap of the original plan for context. We were going to spend 3 days at Angel Creek campground in the Humboldt Mountains, which are these amazing mountains just outsideContinue reading “May 24: Is this Nevada? Brrrrrrr”
- May 25: Hello, Patagonia!It rained really hard most of the night, so the decision to pack it up and move west and try to get out of the storm was looking like a good one. We had a reasonably leisurely morning; I had to do some work. Ugh. We got on the road about 10 and were expectingContinue reading “May 25: Hello, Patagonia!”